Thursday, December 16, 2010

Procrastinating

So much to do, so little time.  I am not:  doing housework, yard work, work work, paperwork, designing promo materials, making inventory at the proper pace, not linking to patterns because I need to be stirring the soup instead of blogging, getting with the 21st technology century and going to the cellular store to upgrade my stone-age phone to some hand-held device or other, decorating for the holidays, and and and and.............there is a (long) list.

But I am:

Knitting
Santa Gnomes (free pattern by Kristin Nicolas)
A secret xmas project
A second sock (my own pattern)
A few other things that have been relegated to the WIP pile (see Santa Gnomes above)

Spinning
A really horrid mess on my new Hansen e-spinner

Reading
EZ's Knitter's Almanac Commemorative Edition
Color:  A Natural History of the Palette (by Victoria Finlay)
The Legend of Sigurd and Gudrun, by J.R.R. Tolkien

Baking
Brown Bread (Boston style, a most awesome un-steamed recipe)

Cooking
Chickpea and Arborio Rice Soup (recipe by Marcella Hazan)

Sipping
A rather nice Sangiovese

Figuring Out
Why I'm spinning a really horrid mess on the e-spinner (and I think I've got it).

Surfing
Ravelry.  I just can't stop.

Enjoying
John's company.  We're hanging by the fire tonight.

Contemplating
All the many other things that I'd also like be doing.

Wishing
For more time.

Mastering
The fine art of procrastinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment